Part Time Account Manager
Flexible Minds are working an independent firm of health and protection insurance specialists who are looking to recruit a proactive and organised account manager to take responsibility for day to day customer service and client management.
This role is pivotal to the continued growth and expansion of the business, you will be providing direct support to the Director(s) of the business and typical daily duties will include:
- Providing excellent customer service for all customers, responding to new enquiries, preparing initial information and projections and handling early stages of managing claims.
- Tasks might include finding out policy information for clients, sending out relevant literature, checking documentation for compliance, ensuring details have been completed as required, and where additional information is required, contacting relevant individuals to ensure documentation is complete.
- Undertaking research for appropriate providers or policies which will be presented and shared with the client by the Director.
- Liaising with head office customer service team, in order to escalate any special requests or administration amendments.
- Building relationships and rapport with clients to ensure their needs are being met and deal with any issues that may arise.
- Providing administration and general support to the Director(s).
Previous experience within medical insurance or financial services, or as a paraplanner to an IFA, will be a significant advantage however isn’t essential as training can be provided. The commitment to providing exceptional and proactive customer service is the most essential requirement. This is a Boutique Brokerage and the strong, personal relationships with clients is paramount to the firm’s continued growth and future success; it is essential that the successful postholder shares this vision and is committed to achieving shared goals.
Other key requirements:
- Ability to deal with multiple priories at one time.
- Attention to detail with excellent organisational skills.
- Confident communication skills with the ability to deal with information in a professional and efficient way and adapt style to suit the different needs of clients.
- Good spelling and grammar are essential as the successful applicant will be writing frequent emails to clients.
- Good understanding of compliance requirements.
- Strong IT skills (MS Office) - ideally with previous use of a database / CRM system.
- Previous experience in customer service or sales (B2B) role.
- There will be times when the postholder will be on their own in the office, so the ability to be self-motivated and work on their own initiative is essential.
- As the role requires dealing with confidential and sensitive information, the appointment of the postholder will be subject to a credit check and DBS check.
- Chartered Institute of Insurance qualifications would be advantageous but are not a necessity for application. If not qualified a willingness to study for the qualifications is necessary, study support and funding will be provided.
Hours: 21 hours per week. There is some flexibility regarding how these hours can be structured to suit the successful individual, in line with the needs of the business. Options can include four or five shorter days or three full days. If the preference is three days, spreading these days throughout the week will be required in order to preserve the response time to clients.
Please provide some indication of your desired working pattern in your covering letter / email.
Renumeration: £20,000 - £22,000 FTE, paid pro rata in accordance to hours worked
Location: Hall Green, Birmingham. Based in a well-maintained serviced office building located on the Stratford Road, easy to reach on the local bus network or parking is available on local residential streets, with a short walk to the office.
Closing date for applications is Thursday 7th March 2018 at 12pm
This vacancy is now archived - click here to see all our current vacancies