Part Time Business Administrator
Flexible Minds are working with Sentinel Safety Solutions for the recruitment of a proactive and resourceful Business Administrator to join their team, based on the Harris Business Park in Bromsgrove.
Sentinel Safety Solutions provide risk management advice and practical support, including delivery of training courses, to companies in relation to health & safety, HR, food safety and environmental management. The Business Administrator will report to the Director of the Company and be responsible for the provision of a range of general business administration duties and assistance to Consultants.
Key Responsibilities for the role:
- To provide administration support to consultants, including organising meetings, booking travel arrangements and typing reports
- Management of diary/scheduler to arrange visits to clients
- Management of resources and office supplies
- Dealing with all incoming and outgoing post
- Booking training courses for clients, arranging designated trainers and preparation of materials
- Collation and ordering of suitable training materials for courses run on site at Sentinel House and at clients’ premises.
- Provide ‘front of house’ image for all visitors and to direct candidates to the Sentinel training room as necessary, prepare drinks, and order other refreshments as required during the course
- To answer all telephone enquiries promptly and liaise with clients
- Generate and send invoices via Xero, query via telephone all unpaid invoices and operate credit control, monitor standing orders and maintain suitable records
- Liaise with existing client base to maintain positive business relationships
- Ensure all documents, letters and invoices are filed and managed effectively
- Ensure all invoices for each VAT quarter are ready for inspection for the book keeper
- Manage own time effectively and prioritise workload
- Open/close offices as necessary and be flexible with start and finish time on occasions
- Ensuring good working practices and provide excellent customer service
- Must maintain total confidentiality on behalf of the company at all times
- Any other tasks and duties as and when required
- To maintain a simple archive system
- The ability to implement office systems
- To participate in team meetings and take minutes when asked
Key Requirements for the successful candidate:
- Experience within an administration role (minimum 2 years)
- IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook to Intermediate level.
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills; and ability to communicate at all levels
- Ability to prioritise tasks and manage time effectively
- High standards of workmanship
- Ability to work on own initiative with a certain amount of autonomy
- Must be a good team player
- Must have a friendly and outgoing personality with a smart and professional appearance
- Must be willing to participate in developmental training programmes
- Willingness to occasionally start work early and finish late (adequate notice will be provided of these occasions)
- Knowledge of MS Publisher and MailChimp
- A basic knowledge of accounts and experience of Xero accounting software
- Experience of business development and marketing
- Qualification in Business Administration
Hours: 20-25 hours per week, over 4-5 days. There is flexibility regarding how these hours can be worked, please provide some indication of your preference of working pattern in your application. On occasions, when the business delivers training courses, the successful candidate will need to start earlier (e.g. 8.30am) and finish later, to ensure that the training courses are hosted and can run smoothly. These are planned in advance, so adequate notice of these additional hours can be provided. The ability to be able to accomodate these occasional changes in working pattern is essential to the role.
Location: Harris Business Park, Bromsgrove. Free parking is available on site.
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000, pro rata. 20 days annual leave plus bank holidays. Salary and holiday entitlement will be pro rata in line with agreed hours.
This vacancy is now archived - click here to see all our current vacancies
Flexible Minds Recruitment is working on behalf of Sentinel Safety Solutions for the recruitment sourcing of this vacancy. By submitting an application you agree to have your application details (CV and any covering information) passed directly to Sentinel Safety Solutions who will contact you if you have been successfully selected for interview. If you would like to have an initial, informal conversation about the vacancy before submitting your details please call Flexible Minds on 0121 6616495.